07 ינואר, 2019

Knesset Speaker: Opposition to 2-state solution is mainstream

Knesset Speaker: Opposition to 2-state solution is mainstream
 
MK Yuli Edelstein, Speaker of the Knesset, said to Channel 20 tonight that opposition to a Palestinian state has already become mainstream because the Likud has "changed the discourse".
"In my opinion, in this election campaign, there is so much to show - achievements in various areas; we ourselves do not understand it yet," Edelstein said, adding that "I'll give you an example that may be understandable but is not so well known. When a few years ago I would say that I oppose a Palestinian state, I was treated as a delusional  person. World leaders would come specially to meet with me as Speaker of the Knesset to hear who is this strange fellow who says he is against a Palestinian state. Today it's already mainstream. When we said, I support the application of (Israeli) sovereignty in Judea and Samaria, what was said was Wow, what Kahanists (disciples of Rabbi Meir Kahane), where did these people come from? Today the Likud Central Committee has already adopted a resolution along these lines. In other words, we have changed the discourse. We have plenty to talk about - the laws we have passed, the achievements of the ministers...".
...;

בלי וירוסים. www.avast.com